Job ID: 422151
Category: Nursing Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Provides proficient, age-specific specialty nursing knowledge and skills based on established nursing practice standards for the orthopedic patient. Supports the organizations mission and vision, promotes a positive image of the departments and the organization, and collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure safe and effective patient care delivery. Collaborates with multiple departments to facilitate moving the orthopedic patient through the continuum of care to achieve safe patient care, quality outcomes and a safe discharge disposition from the acute care setting
– Require graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a diploma program. For new hires after 2012, Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing (BSN) required within three (3) years of hire date.
– Require successful completion of Annual Total hip and knee joint replacement education/ programmatic requirements upon hire and then annually as outlined in the orthopedic total hip and knee education plan.
– Require basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
– Prefer active membership of the National Association of Orthopedic Nurses (NAON) professional organization.
– Prefer Orthopedic Nurse certification.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Bachelor of Science Nursing