Registered Nurse – Cape
Job ID: 422117
Category: Nursing Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Cape Surgery Center at SMHCS
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
The RN in Surgery assumes responsibility for prescribing, delegating and coordinating nursing care to patients in the perioperative environment, including interventions that assist the patient in a conscious or unconscious state. The RN identifies physiologic, psychological, and sociologic needs of the patient, develops and implements an individualized plan of care, coordinates interventions and evaluates outcomes of the patient's perioperative experience. The RN is legally accountable and responsible for patient care, whether accomplished personally or by another perioperative team member. The RN will be competent to provide patient care following standards set forth in the Florida Nurse Practice Act, SMH, and the department.
– Require excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Require basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
– Require active Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) for Cape PACU nurses within six (6) months of hire. For nurses who float to the PACU, current PALS certification must be obtained prior to floating.
– Require graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a diploma program. For new hires after 2012, Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing (BSN) required within three (3) years of hire date.
– Prefer certification in nursing specialty area.
Cert Amb Perianesthesia Nu
Bachelor of Science Nursing
*Must Have Operating Room Experience*