Patient Safety Attendant PRN
Job ID: 422146
Category: Clinical Support & Procedural
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Patient Flow and Capacity
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
The patient safety attendant's role is to be present for the designated patient either visually or physically to observe patient behavior, communicate with and de-escalate patient, and notify nursing personnel if the patient condition changes or requires assistance. The patient safety attendant serves as a resource to assist the PCT/MST and or nursing staff with basic functions for the designated patient but does not substitute for the normal staff job scopes.
– Require demonstrated interpersonal skills to provide calm verbal feedback to patients, re-direct behavior, and reinforce safety with patients.
– Require ability to follow oral and written instructions.
– Require ability to work with minimal supervision.
– Prefer previous experience in health care field.
– Prefer CPR certification upon hire. Require American Red Cross or American Heart Association CPR within 90 days of start date.
– Prefer demonstrated knowledge/experience of growth and development, and possess the ability to interact, communicate and care for specific patient population with care and compassion.
Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
High School Diploma, GED or Certificate
0700-1930; All Work Days; No Rotating Shift; No On Call/Call Back; Yes Weekends