Information Security Engineer
Job ID: 421995
Category: Information Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Information Systems
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Responsible for data security analysis, design, maintenance and education. Administrates/evaluates data security environment and works with information and clinical systems teams to ensure network, application and physical security and compliance. Conducts periodic system audits/reviews and maintains proper data security controls and procedures. Designs and implements awareness and education programs. Participates in vendor evaluation and provides input relating to information security in the vendor selection process. Works with other departments to develop standards for new systems per SMHCS Information Security Policy 00.IS.21.
– Require an Associate's degree in computer science, management, or related field.
– Require three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in security analysis, design, and maintenance.
– Prefer HIPAA Security credentials and knowledge of HIPAA Security Regulations.
– Prefer the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
– Prefer a team player with a proven track record as a position change agent.
– Prefer demonstrated customer service skills along with written, oral and listening communication skills.
– Prefer demonstrated experience in at least one of the following areas of expertise: access control, network/telecommunications security, security management practices, applications development security, cryptography, security architecture, operations security, business continuity/disaster recovery, physical security, security/privacy regulations.
– Prefer previous experience in a medium to large multi-platform, network environment.
– Prefer technical project management experience along with experience as a computer/technical skills educator for clinical and non-clinical personnel.
– Prefer the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
– Prefer the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
– Prefer the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.