Job ID: 421708
Category: Customer & Patient Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Patient Registration
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Professionally interviews and schedules patients for outpatient service including preregistration. Coordinates patient schedules to maximize patient and physician satisfaction institution-wide. Communicates patient instructions and directions, physician order requirement, authorization/pre-certification/referral requirement to patients, physician office staff, and other SMHCS personnel. Maintains scheduling and pre-registration accuracy rate per department standards. Creates estimate for patient financial responsibility and collects co-insurance, co-payment, and deductible as indicated. Initiates process to assure the patient meets the hospital financial policies/guidelines for services to be rendered and transfers to appropriate departments for more complex situations.
– Require one (1) year of healthcare experience.
– Prefer the ability to analyze problems and offer solutions.
– Prefer the ability to work in a call center environment.
– Prefer effective communication skills, including the ability to handle difficult customer situations.
– Prefer general knowledge of medical insurance and terminology.
– Prefer knowledge of ICD-9/ICD-10 coding and current CPT coding.
Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
High School Diploma, GED or Certificate