Job ID: 421474
Category: Allied Health Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Under the supervision of Technical Supervisor and Shift Supervisor, performs laboratory tests to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Follows all hospital and laboratory policies, guidelines, procedures and protocols. May assume charge duties in absence of Supervisor. Core lab or Micro position. Core rotates in Chemistry, Hematology, Coagulation, Urinalysis, and Blood Bank. 10 hour shifts/ every other weekend. Hours 1330 to 2400.
Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is a non-profit hospital located in the beautiful city of Sarasota, Florida. From our upper floors, you can see the white sand beaches of Siesta Key, the #1 rated beach in the United States. Our health care system and laboratory are growing. We are building an additional hospital in Venice, Florida and adding a new Cancer Institute. Our laboratory is one of the most progressive and automated laboratories in the country. We are in the process of insourcing our Blood Bank patient testing services. The positions we post are additions, not replacements. If you like blood banking, this is an opportunity to start at the beginning of a new department with all new equipment. Since some of our existing staff will migrate to Blood Bank and we are growing, we will have additional Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist positions in our Core Laboratory and Microbiology. If you are looking for a place to call home, where people matter, we may be the right fit for you.
– Require a Bachelors degree in a health science program or medical technology. Employees hired prior to 1/1/09 were grandfathered into this position.
– Require current technologist license under Chapter 483, Part IV, Florida Statute 61F-5.
– Prefer a minimum of one (1) year experience in a clinical laboratory.
– Prefer excellent communication and listening skills.
– Prefer demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
– Prefer basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications and office.
– Prefer qualification as an ASCP, AMT, NCA, or an equivalent medical technologist.