Patient Safety Attendant PRN
Job ID: 421328
Category: Clinical Support & Procedural
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Patient Safety Attendants
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
The patient safety attendant's role is to be present for the designated patient either visually or physically to observe patient behavior, communicate with and de-escalate patient, and notify nursing personnel if the patient condition changes or requires assistance. The patient safety attendant serves as a resource to assist the PCT/MST and or nursing staff with basic functions for the designated patient but does not substitute for the normal staff job scopes.
– Require demonstrated interpersonal skills to provide calm verbal feedback to patients, re-direct behavior, and reinforce safety with patients.
– Require ability to follow oral and written instructions.
– Require ability to work with minimal supervision.
– Prefer previous experience in health care field.
– Prefer CPR certification upon hire. Require American Red Cross or American Heart Association CPR within 90 days of start date.
– Prefer demonstrated knowledge/experience of growth and development, and possess the ability to interact, communicate and care for specific patient population with care and compassion.
Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
High School Diploma, GED or Certificate
As Patient Safety Attendants, the 8 hour shifts will vary 1(7a-330p), 2(3p-1130p), 3 (11p-730a) depending on department needs. After successful completion of the STC course, most full time postions offered will be 3rd shift (12 hour shifts 7p-7a).
Candidates will start as Patient Safety Attendants and will be eligible to enter the STC program after completing required steps. Course and time in class are paid at the PSA rate.