Phlebotomy Technician II
Job ID: 421060
Category: Allied Health Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Outreach Laboratory
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
This position is responsible for performing all duties of Phlebotomist Tech II including routine blood collection on all age group including neonates and infants. In addition, demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to function in specimen processing and receiving area of the Laboratory. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients in assigned area. Demonstrates competency in registration of patients and specimens.
– Require a minimum of one (1) year of phlebotomy experience with all age groups.
– Require Phlebotomy certification with a national agency. Must be kept current and active.
– Prefer demonstrated ability to interact successfully with patients, staff and other healthcare providers.
– Prefer demonstrated ability to handle customer service questions and effective communication skills.
– Prefer demonstrated knowledge of all relevant computer skills as needed for patient ID system and specimen processing functions.
Florida Drivers License
Valid Driver's License
Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
High School Diploma, GED or Certificate