Practice Manager I
Job ID: 420826
Category: Physician Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Endocrinology Venice
Facility: SMH Physicians Services, Inc.
This leader has operational accountability and oversight, and manages the daily activities of the department or area. In this role, the leader sets the tone and models positive leadership behavior, while ensuring team work tasks, projects, and responsibilities are completed successfully in support of departmental and organizational goals.
Require a Bachelor degree; however, relevant work experience in healthcare or business administration in a leadership role can be substituted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the required degree
– Require a minimum of three (3) years of medical practice management experience in a group of three or more physicians that included management responsibility for all operational area including finance
Prefer effective Leadership Skills and understanding of group processes, teamwork and site/cost center-based management.
– Prefer demonstrated skill in esablishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
– Prefer effective communication skills at all levels.
– Prefer the ability to analyze problems and consistently follow through to solution.
– Prefer knowledge of third party payers.
– Prefer proficiency in computer software programs including: Word, Excel, Power Point, practice management software, EMR and Outlook.
– Prefer the ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision-making, and problem solving expertise.
– Prefer American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) certification
Primarily Monday-Friday 8am – 5pm, some exceptions may apply for meetings, special projects, etc
Will require travel to multiple practice locations within Sarasota and Southern Manatee County.