Manager, Medical Library
Job ID: 420549
Category: Corporate Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Education, Prof Dev & Research
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Organizes and manages the Medical Library. Oversees support staff involved in cataloging, indexing, issuing books/materials, and keeping records of items on loan. Selects material for purchase and subscribes to pertinent data as allowed for by the given budget. Utilizes knowledge of Library Science principles and practices to integrate library services within education initiatives, including but not limited to: evidence based medicine tools, patient care, continuing medical education, nursing, research, resident and medical education, and clinical rounds. Is forward-thinking and embraces technology. Responds to more complex requests from employees and medical staff, and enhances patrons skills by integrating tools, especially across multiple technology platforms. Supports research and education through excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
– Require masters degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited school.
– Require five (5) years of experience in a medical library.
– Prefer organizational and project management skills.
– Prefer strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and the public.
– Prefer strong basic computer skills, including all the Microsoft programs including Dreamweaver and a strong understanding of web page building and web use.
– Prefer strong knowledge of medical concepts and information dissemination.
– Prefer educational and teaching experience.
– Prefer knowledge of learning management systems and online teaching.
– Prefer proven problem-solving and decision making skills.
– Prefer certification in Consumer Health Information Specialization (CHIS).