Job ID: 419534
Category: Customer & Patient Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Spiritual Care Department
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Provides spiritual and bereavement care to meet the needs of patients, families, significant others, and staff. Serves as a liaison for SMH committees and community related groups. In the event on the director absence, will take lead role in facilitating the delivery of spiritual care.
– Require a Masters degree in Pastoral Care or related field and/or equivalent.
– Require a minimum of five (5) years chaplain experience.
– Require the ability to provide twenty-four (24) hour on-call coverage.
– Require the ability to handle stressful situations with tact and diplomacy and to assist with patients, families, significant others, and staff during times of crisis and turmoil.
– Prefer ordination by ecclesiastical authority or equivalent.
– Prefer previous experience in a hospital setting.
– Prefer demonstrated ability to serve a diversity of culture.
–Prefer 4 units of CPE