Job ID: 419293
Category: Allied Health Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Under the supervision of Technical Supervisor and Shift Supervisor, performs laboratory tests to obtain data for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Follows all hospital and laboratory policies, guidelines, procedures and protocols. May assume charge duties in absence of Supervisor.
– Require a Bachelors degree in a health science program or medical technology. Employees hired prior to 1/1/09 were grandfathered into this position.
– Require qualification as an ASCP, AMT, NCA, or an equivalent medical technologist.
– Require current technologist license under Chapter 483, Part IV, Florida Statute 61F-5.
– Prefer a minimum of one (1) year experience in a clinical laboratory.
– Prefer excellent communication and listening skills.
– Prefer demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
– Prefer basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications and office.