Prospective Payment Sys Coord
Job ID: 427140
Category: Administrative & Clerical
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Inpatient Rehab Facility (IRF)
Facility: Sarasota Memorial – Main Campus
The Prospective Payment System (PPS) Coordinator coordinates the process of providing accurate and timely data to the appropriate entities involved in the PPS for Medicare patients including the completion and transmission of the Medicare required Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility-Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) for Inpatient Rehabilitation Services. Responsible for assuring the completion of the IRF-PAI for submission to CMS. Participates in monitoring quality of care via UDS outcome data with drill down of data as needed for action planning and assisting the leadership team with maintaining CMS/AHCA/CARF compliance. The PPS Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of data collection on the IRF-PAI, ensures the presence of supporting documentation, and participates in staff education to ensure compliance with CMS guidelines.
– Require a minimum two (2) years of clinical experience in a rehabilitation setting.
– Require Uniform Data Systems (UDS) PPS Coordinator Certification within one (1) year of hire or agreed upon timeframe by management.
– Require a State of Florida Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) licensure or an Associate degree in Health Sciences.
– Prefer demonstrated analytical/process management skills, people and customer service skills, and organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
– Prefer demonstrated knowledge of CMS/PPS reimbursement systems for IRF and medical coding.
– Prefer inpatient rehabilitation coding experience.
– Prefer working knowledge of commonly used computer applications (i.e., Windows, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
This position is based at the Rehabilitation Pavilion, and supports the IRF-PPS process, and rehabilitation program.
Hours are Monday – Friday; 8am-4:30pm.