Clinical Case Manager I
Job ID: 425457
Category: Nursing Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Integrated Case Management
Facility: Hospital Corporate Division
The Clinical Case Manager (CCM) utilizes professional nursing skills to assess patient and family scenarios for clinical appropriateness for the setting and establishes plans for effective management of the continuum of care (episodic and population-based). Assessment, planning, intervening and reassessment are performed in a collaborative environment, in which the CCM works closely with Medical Staff, Psychosocial Case Managers, Nursing, Allied Health Disciplines, hospital business/financial services, agencies across the continuum (internal and external) and payers. The key goals of the CCM include proactive, individualized planning for patients progress across the continuum that optimizes quality of care, utilization, cost and patient satisfaction. The CCM leads activities directed toward improving utilization and reimbursement across populations of patients to meet organizational strategic objectives. Finally, the Clinical CCM develops programs within the department and across the organization that address issues related to managing care across the continuum.
– Require graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
– Require basic experience using PC/computer (word processing minimum).
– Require Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN). Diploma/associate degree in nursing requires a Case Management Certification (CCM or ACM) within one year of hire, as well as, a signed contract that a BSN will be obtained within three (3) years of date of hire.
– Require a minimum of three (3) years of clinical practice in an acute care hospital.
– Prefer one year of Utilization Review or Case Management experience.
– Prefer experience with Internet, including e-mail and calendar.
– Prefer previous experience hospital information systems (order entry, results reporting).
– Prefer certification in CCM or ACM.