Clinical Case Manager
Job ID: 425455
Category: Nursing Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Integrated Case Management
Facility: Hospital Corporate Division
The Clinical Case Manager (CCM) utilizes professional nursing skills to assess patient and family situations while considering clinical appropriateness for the acute or alternate setting and establishes plans for effective management of the continuum of care (episodic and population-based) by performing assessments, plans, interventions, and reassessments in a collaborative manner working closely with Medical Staff, Psychosocial Case Managers, Nursing, Allied Health disciplines, hospital business/financial services, agencies across the continuum (internal and external) and payers. The key goals of the CCM includes proactive, individualized planning for patients' progress across the continuum that optimizes quality of care, utilization, cost and patient experience. The CCM also leads activities directed toward improving appropriate utilization across populations of patients to meet holistic care planning goals and organizational strategic objectives, as well as, developing initiatives within the department or impact management of patient populations within and across the continuum.
– Require previous experience with hospital information systems (order entry, results reporting, case management).
– Require proficient experience using PC/computer (word processing a minimum).
– Require one (1) year of case management or utilization review experience.
– Require a minimum of three (3) years of related clinical practice in an acute care hospital.
– Require Diploma/Associate degree in Nursing with graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
– Prefer solid clinical assessment, critical thinking, decision making and organizational skills.
– Prefer demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities according to patient needs and department/hospital needs.
– Prefer active Case Management Certification (CCM or ACM) or within one year of hire.
– Prefer a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN).
– Prefer strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with leaders, staff, patients, families, healthcare team, payers and external agencies.
– Prefer strong ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written work.