Central Distribution Clerk*
Job ID: 424384
Category: Materials Management Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Supply Chain Operations
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Responsible for maintaining appropriate stock levels on supply carts throughout the hospital utilizing data and handheld scanners. Inventories, orders and distributes supplies to patient care units. Provides ongoing cart maintenance to include but not limited to cart cleanliness, cart labeling, product rotation, item management, and removing expired supplies. Collaborates with clinical areas and department leaders on supply analysis. Completes phone and computer stock requests for medical equipment and supplies in Central Distribution. Maintains inventory by accounting for stock issues, returns and charges. Orders specialty beds and surgical supplies as needed. Collects, decontaminates, processes and issues mobile medical equipment and specialty carts. Acts as a liaison and provides excellent customer service to support clinical areas. Performs other supply chain management duties as directed by department supervisor.
– Prefer knowledge of reading, writing, and math normally acquired through high school education.
– Prefer two (2) years previous of experience in warehouse-order picking, inventory control, receiving, distribution, stocking and shipping.
– Prefer demonstrated ability of basic computer skills.
– Prefer demonstrated ability to work well with others as part of a team.
– Prefer demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
High School Diploma, GED or Certificate