Clin Documentation Specialist
Job ID: 424011
Category: Customer & Patient Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Revenue Cycle
Facility: Hospital Corporate Division
Reviews inpatient and select outpatient medical records while patients are still in-house (concurrent review) for proper documentation. This review includes new admissions to the facility, as well as re-reviews every two to three days until the patients are discharged. Communicates with clinicians and physicians to ensure timely and accurate documentation and provides training and education as needed. Queries physicians on specificity of diagnoses and procedures performed in order to drive documentation to be ICD-10 compliant.
– Require a minimum of three (3) years of experience in nursing or other clinical area, coding, or utilization review/case management in an acute care facility.
– Require a Bachelors degree. Associate degree in Nursing (ASN) and two (2) years of relevant work experience can substitute for the required degree.
– Prefer coding certification from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
– Prefer effective interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with all levels of hospital personnel.
– Prefer demonstrated prioritization, organization and analytical skills.
– Prefer demonstrated effective written and verbal communications skills.
– Prefer demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and related software packages.
– Prefer coding skills with experience in ICD-10-CM and working knowledge of the AHA Coding Clinic.
– Prefer Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree.