STC C.N.A Class being hired as Patient Safety Attendant PRN
Job ID: 423368
Category: Clinical Support & Procedural
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Patient Safety Attendants
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
The patient safety attendant's role is to be present for the designated patient, either visually or physically, to observe patient behavior, communicate with and de-escalate patient, and notify nursing personnel if the patient condition changes or requires assistance. The patient safety attendant also serves as a resource to assist the PCT/MST and or nursing staff with basic functions for the designated patient but does
not substitute for the normal staff job scopes.
– Require BLSCPR certification within ninety (90) days of start date.
– Prefer demonstrated interpersonal skills to provide calm verbal feedback to patients, re-direct behavior, and reinforce safety with patients.
– Prefer the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
– Prefer the ability to work with minimal supervision.
– Prefer demonstrated knowledge/experience of growth and development, and possess the ability to interact, communicate and care for specific patient population with care and compassion.
– Prefer previous experience in health care field.
High School Diploma, GED or Certificate of Completion
If applying to enter the Suncoast Technical College (STC) program, a High School Diploma, GED or Certificate of Completion will be required.
As Patient Safety Attendants, there is a minimum requirement of working three shifts per week and must all be worked at the same shift time. The 8 hour shifts are: 1st (7am-3:30pm), 2nd (3pm-11:30pm), 3rd (11pm-7:30am). Additional shifts may be available to be added based on staffing needs. After successful completion of the STC course, most positions offered based on department interviews will be mostly on 3rd shift (12 hour shifts 7pm-7:30am).
Candidates will be hired as Patient Safety Attendants and will be eligible to apply to enter the Suncoast Technical College (STC) program after completing required steps and based on class availability. Time in class as well as shifts worked will be paid at the Patient Safety Attendant rate. Employment status will be converted to full time when classes begin.