Psychosocial Case Manager
Job ID: 422830
Category: Behavioral Health Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Integrated Case Management
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
The Psychosocial Case Manager (PSCM) utilizes professional medical social work skills to assess patient and family scenarios for discharge planning, information and referral, psychosocial & counseling support needs, and establishes plans for effective management of the identified needs (episodic and population-based). Assessment, planning, intervening and reassessment are performed in a collaborative environment, in which the PSCM works closely with Medical Staff, Clinical Case Managers, Nursing, Allied Health Disciplines, hospital business/financial services, agencies across the continuum (internal and external) and payors. Assumes a leadership role in the identification and management of patients with catastrophic needs, in the revision and development of new policies & programs that enhance the case management process and expands collaboration with other service providers within the hospital and the community. In addition to exemplifying proactive, patient-oriented clinical practice that optimizes quality of care, utilization, cost & patient satisfaction, The PSCM assumes a leadership role in the development of the psychosocial capability in ICM through program and skill development activities. Assumes a strong role as liaison between medical staff, hospital professional staff and community agencies.
– Require a minimum of one (1) year of practice in a hospital or preferred setting (i.e. home health, extended care facility, acute rehab, geriatric case management etc.). Intern field placement will be considered in lieu of work experience.
– Require basic experience using PC/computer required (word processing minimum).
– Require Masters Degree in Social Work (MSW). Employees hired prior to 3/18/19 are grandfathered in with degree provided at time of hire.
– Prefer use of Internet, including e-mail and calendar.
– Prefer previous experience with hospital information systems (order entry, results reporting).