Assistant Teacher I
Job ID: 422775
Category: Child Care Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Child Care Center
Facility: Hospital Corporate Division
Provides care for children in assigned groups stressing individual needs within the developmental framework of social, emotional, physical and intellectual development. Assists in creating an environment and providing experiences which are conducive to a childs continuing growth in these areas. Provides assistance in developing feelings of confidence and well-being by having opportunities for successful encounters with adults, peers and their physical environment. Activities are provided to challenge the child within the context of his or her appropriate developmental level.
– Require DCF Introductory forty (40)-clock-hour Child Care Training comprised of Part I and Part II courses and five (5)-clock-hour (or .5 Continuing Education Units) Early Literacy and Language Development.
– Prefer demonstrated expert interpersonal and attention to detail skills.
– Prefer demonstrated ability to work and plan with other caregivers in a team setting.
– Prefer demonstrated patience, enthusiasm and respect for children.
– Prefer demonstrated interest in learning early childhood development.
– Prefer demonstrated ability to use correct grammar and spelling in writing parent notes, incident reports and communication boards.
– Prefer demonstrated flexibility in working with several age groups of children.
– Prefer demonstrated ability to write notes and fill out incident reports.
– Prefer one (1) to four (4) years of experience working with children in a classroom setting,
Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent