Registered Nurse Operating Rm – CVOR
Job ID: 417832
Category: Nursing Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Operating Room
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
The RN in Surgery assumes responsibility for prescribing, delegating and coordinating nursing care to patients in the perioperative environment, including interventions that assist the patient in a conscious or unconscious state. The RN identifies physiologic, psychological, and sociologic needs of the patient, develops and implements an individualized plan of care, coordinates interventions and evaluates outcomes of the patients perioperative experience. The RN is legally accountable and responsible for patient care, whether accomplished personally or by another perioperative team member. The RN will be competent to provide patient care following standards set forth in the Florida Nurse Practice Act, SMH, and the department.
– Require excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Require one of the following: minimum of six (6) months previous Operating Room (OR) experience, or graduation from an OR post graduate course or approved Operating Room nurse internship program.
– Require basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
– Require graduate of an accredited school of nursing or a diploma program. For new hires after 2012, Bachelor of Science Degree in nursing (BSN) required within three (3) years of hire date.
– Prefer certification in nursing specialty area.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Bachelor of Science Nursing
Monday-Friday w/ Open Heart Call