Full Time Research RN
Job ID: 417775
Category: Nursing Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Womens Cancer Care Grant
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Facilitates clinical research activity at SMHCS and local physician offices by opening new and maintaining current protocols, new patient recruitment/evaluation, registering eligible patients and conducting protocol related care of patients enrolled on clinical trials. Responsible for the safe conduct of clinical trials under the direction of the Principal Investigator, in accordance with the standards of good clinical practice & FDA regulations. Provide direct patient care, perform ongoing assessments, deliver education, schedule required procedures, ensure accurate data entry, & document in accordance with standards and regulatory guidelines pertaining to specified research patients. Obtain blood samples, cultures, tissues & other lab specimens & be able to ship/handle bio-hazardous shipments appropriately. Perform a variety of duties involved in the organization, oversight and documentation of clinical research protocols. Acts as a liaison between investigators, health care providers, sponsors, IRB staff, hospital staff, & patients. Responsible for data and source documentation, adverse event/serious adverse event reporting, & timely submission/maintenance of regulatory files. Develop, implement, & facilitate research and administrative strategies for the successful management of clinical trials.
– Require a minimum of two (2) years of RN experience in a clinical or research setting.
– Require certified as a Clinical Research Coordinator, or certification must be obtained within one (1) year of becoming eligible for certification.
– Require appropriate Human Subject Protection training (must be obtained within 30 days of hire).
– Require appropriate training for Safe Shipping/Handling of Bio-hazardous specimens (must be obtained within 30 days of hire).
– Require knowledge of commonly used computer applications: Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
– Require the ability to drive to off-site locations.
– Prefer demonstrated proficiency in research related skills, clinical and computer technical skills as well as interpersonal relationship skills with research staff, patients, their families, physicians and outside physician offices, hospital employees, and sponsors/auditors of clinical trials.
– Research experience
Bachelor of Science Nursing