Patient Community Liaison, MDC
Job ID: 417552
Category: Allied Health Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Alzheimers Disease Initiative
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
The patient community liaison (PLC) will assist individuals and their families/support system with evaluation process and diagnosing individuals with Alzheimer's disease and related disorders (ADRD). PCL will collaborate with clinical team to provide patients/families and care givers with information/education on dementia. This may include symptom and behavior management as well as referrals to community resources. The PCL works to establish and maintain strong working relationships with various community resources and assist in performing required Dementia Care and Cure Initiative (DCCI) education and other community education as required by the grant. This is a Grant funded position and requires assistance with data collection for monthly/quarterly reports. The PCL will collaborate with Memory Disorder Clinic (MDC) and other senior aging agencies to provide extensive community education on topics related to memory, caregiving, safety and ADRD. PCL will assist in providing memory screenings in community and works with the manager and staff to provide coverage and participation in clinic, team meetings, preparing and delivering final recommendations to patients/families and assistance with coordinating clinic appointments.
– Require a minimum of three (3) years of experience working with care givers and older adults.
– Require bachelors degree in social work or related field. Prefer bachelor of science degree in social work or geriatrics. Five (5) years of experience working with geriatrics, care givers and public speaking experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
– Require knowledge of aging and dementias, as well as experience in public speaking and/or adult education.
– Prefer previous experience in grant funded programs.
– Prefer demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
– Prefer demonstrated ability to work independently without direct supervision.
– Prefer demonstrated ability to work with challenging personalities.
– Prefer demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
– Prefer Certified Dementia Practitioner (CDP) Training.