Intervention Registered Nurse
Job ID: 417545
Category: Nursing Services
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Ultimate Float Team
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Provides professional nursing care to patients and families in an acute clinical care environment, guided by the SMHCS nursing professional practice model and in accordance with the ANA's Standards of Professional Practice.
The Intervention Registered Nurse is responsible for the performance of diversified nursing functions in emergency or other unpredictable situations requiring additional nursing care in addition to the basic Registered Professional Nurse job description. The Intervention Registered Nurse is specially trained to float to any patient care area to meet the varying needs as assessed by the Administrative Supervisor.
– Require successful completion of Basic Arrhythmia test within 90 days of employment.
– Require graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
– Require minimum of two (2) years current RN experience.
– Require basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
– Prefer strong medical-surgical, critical care and/or obstetric skills.
– Prefer good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to function well under stress.
– Prefer willingness to be cross-trained in all critical care and specialty areas with annual competency skills maintained.
– Prefer ACLS certification upon hire and required within 60 days of employment.
– Prefer demonstrated knowledge of growth and development and possesses ability to assess, interact, communicate, and care for age specific patient population.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Bachelor of Science Nursing
7:00PM-7:30AM; All Work Days; Yes Rotating Shift; No On Call/Call Back; Yes Weekends
Critical Care Mandatory; Telemetry Mandatory; BLS (AHA) Mandatory; 5+ Years Relevant Work Experience Mandatory; ACLS Mandatory; IV Skills Mandatory; IPR Skills Mandatory