Job ID: 417299
Category: Facilities Management
Location: Sarasota, FL
Department: Operation of Plant
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Works under the direction of the supervisor, but without technical assistance in performing the full range of mechanical maintenance repairs and fabrication tasks of a Journeyman Mechanic. Assists in planning and scheduling of PM work. Responsible for all paperwork involved with Fixes, PMs, CMs and all other projects involving PM repairs. Aids in the inspection and constructive critique of installations made by vendors.
– Require three (3) years of experience in large plant operations.
– Require knowledge of materials, lubricants, hydraulics, pneumatics, and gear/belt drives.
– Require the ability to read/understand prints/diagrams for buildings and equipment.
– Prefer the ability to read schematics and blueprints.
– Prefer working knowledge and understanding of multiple skilled trades relevant to healthcare industry.
– Prefer the ability to perform minor repairs and maintenance in plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration, electrical, and general maintenance without supervision.
– Prefer familiarity with computers and related software (Windows Operating Systems).
– Prefer familiarity with codes applicable to field and industry.
– Prefer proficiency in written and verbal communication.
– Prefer working knowledge of hand tools pertinent to trade(s).
– Prefer the ability to work with minimal supervision.
– Prefer the ability to operate power material handling equipment.
Florida Drivers License
Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent