Pt Reg/Med Recs Specialist
Job ID: 417020
Category: Administrative & Clerical
Location: Sarasota, FL
Facility: Sarasota Memorial Hospital
Conducts patient interviews to obtain demographic data, pertinent account information, and verifies insurance coverage. Responsible for completing required forms and obtaining signatures. Initiates process to assure the patient meets the hospital financial policies and guidelines. Introduces the patient to the facility in a manner designed to reduce patient anxiety. Answers the telephone and addresses or routes call appropriately. Conduct daily interactions in a way that demonstrates effectiveness and positive attitude. Works closely with other hospital departments and serves as a liaison for patients, family of patients, hospital management, and staff to assure that patient satisfaction and quality of services are maintained and improved. Assists with the daily tasks related to the processing of health information medical record to include but not limited to the following: assembly of analysis, release of information, and processing record via scanning process.
– Require a minimum three (3) years of experience in a health care and/or customer service related industry.
– Prefer typing skills of forty (40) words per minute.
– Prefer effective communication skills and ability to handle difficult customers or situations.
– Prefer basic working knowledge of commonly used computer applications.
– Prefer general knowledge of medical terminology and medical insurance.
– Prefer experience in patient interviewing.
– Prefer flexibility for weekend, holiday, and other shift work as scheduled is required based on departmental need.
– Prefer the ability to collect post and balance cash.
– Prefer the ability to perform extensive clerical work with accuracy and speed.
– Prefer the ability to be cross-trained on all processes and be able to train staff on these processes.
Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
This is a Full Time night shift position at the North Port location in Patient Registration. The schedule consists of three 12 hour shifts from 7pm-730am with rotating weekends.